Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lord, i'm not trading You for anything!




i almost traded You, God, for $240.00


---


all blessings come from You, Lord


but the problem with money is... that it will keep tempting one away from You


where tithing is concerned, i was once at the stage where i kept asking


"isit nett? or isit gross"


the answer i got from You was...


it wasnt the "nett" or "gross" that mattered


it was my heart


---


during the last interview


the company offered my about $200.00 less than the current job


hr asked me how i felt about that


the thought that came to mind was, "that will be $20.00 less for tithing!"


but of cos i'm not about to shortchanged You Lord


ALL BLESSINGS COMES FROM YOU


so really, whats $20.00


i'd still tithe as per before


after all, it was You who blessed me with the job that would become my "dream job" right? AMEN!


---


Yesterday, a colleague almost gave me extra $120.00


bluntly, i gave the bill without highlighting the exact amount


after all, who would mind the extra cash on hand?


and it bothered me the whole day, whole night


for the extra amount, would i be trading You in for a price?


though its very little money and the oversight can be easily accounted for


even if the whole world never finds out


i was reminded of a story in my gmail account somewhere


about a visiting pastor, almost trading in his Godly stance


in attempt to cheat bus fare of $0.25


in the end, when he decided on the right thing, the bus driver went to church with him


i dun think i'd ever want my colleague to find out about my not so nice thoughts


i'd rather right the wrong because of the godly fear in me.


then another thought dawned upon me


if not $240.00, would it be $240million


and my stance is firm


i'm not trading You in for anything, my Lord, my God, my Father!


----------


incidentally, when i penned the email about the 'right' amount she should be paying me


Your priceless peace came over me


my conscience is clear


though i may be tempted to sin countless times


i'll also continue to repent, ask for Your forgiveness


and be made perfect by You, eventually


To God be the glory!


------


AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment